Yesterday I was fortunate in attending the USANA Business Summit here in Manila. The event was held at the MOA Arena Stadium and there were 6000 delegates in attendance.
THE GUARD THAT STOOD OUT!
One speaker stood out from all the countless attendees and he comes from Samar in the south of the Philippines.
Lets call him Geo the guard as his career previously was as a security guard in a mall in Singapore. Jokingly he said he went to Singapore to find a wife. As thats where he met his wife.
HOW DID HE FIND USANA?
In Singapore he worked hard as any OFW and saved his hard earned salary to send home to his family. While he was in Singapore his mother feel sick and the family was asked to look at USANA products to help with the mum’s health condition. As most of the talk was in tagalog and I could not get everything said I believe he eventually saw that there was a way to make extra income through USANA.
HE SET FIRM GOALS!
When he did join up in 2012 his main aim was
- to become a USANA Director or earn just $600 USD a week within the first year of joining.
- He also set his second year goal to be a USANA Gold Director. Gold Directors earn $1000 USD plus bonuses if they are Executive GD. Those were his first two year goals.
Now how many of us have such concrete goals? In fact any goals of any sort to begin with. Not many of us can say so. Not this man.
HOW HE PAWNED HIS CAMERA!
Now in his first year working as a guard as well as USANA member he was asked to go to Manila to attend a USANA Training. He needed to buy his airfare as well as training ticket. He had no money to do that. All he had was a 1800 SING Dollar Camera that he had purchased with hard earned money saved from working as a guard. He sold that to a Pawn shop for $500 SD and went to the Philippines for USANA Business training.
This was the sacrifice he was prepared to pay in order to get what he wanted.
- How many of us will do that? How many of us complain just to travel from even Pasay to go to NOA for a Business Event? Many of us do. Not this man.
HE DISAPPOINTS HIMSELF!
Interestingly he did not become a Gold Director after two years but a Diamond Director in USANA. Over the next 3 years he went on to become a 3 Star Diamond Director. Today he does not walk around Malls to guard them but travels the world with his wife living the life of a millionaire.
PAYING THE PRICE!
He managed to do all things because he was willing to pay a higher price for a reward which was many more times than that what he was earning as a guard.
WHAT YOU SHOULD TAKE AWAY TODAY?
If you are reading this ask yourself
- if there was an opportunity out there that could give you the dream life you truly wanted, what would you be willing to give up to get that?
- Are you willing to give up everything short term to get what you want long term?
If you are and if you are not yet in USANA msg me and I like to have a chat with you.
I hope I have added value to your day today.
Leave a Reply